Mylène Choquette, an associate with Couple and Family Therapy Montreal, is a licensed couple and family therapist, psychotherapist and creative arts therapist with a strong background in trauma therapy. She has five years' experience in community and institutional settings, providing psychotherapy and art therapy to adults, teens and families from a variety of backgrounds, on issues such as bereavement, mental health, chronic illness, cancer, parent-child relational issues and youth protection. Mylène has found her passion working with couples, specializing in couple therapy, using Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) for couples. She also has a special interest in helping clients address trauma-related issues through an approach called Somatic Experiencing® (SE). Mylène provides services in French and English.
Mylène's Professional Credentials and Memberships
Licensed Couple and Family Therapist (CFT) with the Quebec Order of Social Workers and Marriage and Family Therapists (OTSTCFQ)
Licensed Psychotherapist with the Quebec Order of Psychologists (OPQ)
- Member of the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA)
- Three-year Somatic Experiencing® (SE) training program, in process.
- M.Sc., Couple and Family Therapy, McGill University
- M.A., Creative Arts Therapy, Specialization in Drama Therapy, Concordia University
- Certificate in Psychology, TÉLUQ
- B.F.A., Theatre Arts - Design, Concordia University