Isabel Melo, founder and director of Couple and Family Therapy Montreal, has been practising as a psychotherapist and couple and family therapist in the Montreal area since 2002. She specializes in couple therapy, using Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) for couples, parenting consulting, using an attachment-based, developmentally friendly approach, and individual therapy on issues of adult AD/HD, depression, anxiety, and relationship distress. Isabel was featured as a guest expert on parenting on CBC Radio's Radio Noon. She also runs a popular parenting education and support group.
In 2014, Isabel started Couple and Family Therapy Montreal to help even more people improve their relationships and their lives. She is highly selective about the therapists she hires to join her relationship centre. "I am comfortable recommending any one of them to even members of my own family. Our couple therapists each have specialized training in couple therapy. We have an art therapist who is great with teens and a money coach who specializes in working with couples! And they are all passionate about what they do."
Isabel's Professional Credentials and Memberships
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) with the Quebec Order of Social Workers and Marriage and Family Therapists (OTSTCFQ)
- Licensed Psychotherapist with the Quebec Order of Psychologists (OPQ)
- Authorized Facilitator of Neufeld Parenting Courses, Neufeld Institute
- Member of the International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy (ICEEFT)
- Member of the Somatic Experiencing® Trauma Institute
- 2-year Advanced Studies Diploma, Neufeld Parenting Course Facilitation, Neufeld Institute
- 3-year Post-Master's Diploma, Marital and Family Therapy, Argyle Institute of Human Relations
- Pursuing 3-year Somatic Experiencing® (SE) training program
- M.Ed., Educational Psychology, McGill University
- B.A., French Language and Linguistics, Concordia University
- Honours B.A., Liberal Arts, University of Toronto