Samantha Abdallah, an associate with Couple and Family Therapy Montreal, is a licensed psychotherapist and professional art therapist with eight years' experience in individual and group therapy, in private practice, community and educational settings. Specializing in working with children and teens, Samantha integrates art therapy, talk therapy and mindfulness techniques to address a wide range of emotional and behavioural issues, including AD/HD, anxiety, frustration and low self-esteem. An art-based approach is particularly well suited to the very young (though not exclusively so!) as it helps them explore, express and work through emotional difficulties and other challenges in ways that talk therapy alone sometimes cannot. Samantha also has extensive experience working with adults on a variety of issues, such as depression, anxiety, sexuality and gender identity and relationship issues. Samantha provides services in English and French.
Samantha's Professional Credentials and Memberships
- Licensed Psychotherapist with the Quebec Order of Psychologists (OPQ)
- Professional Art Therapist with Quebec's Art Therapy Association (AATQ)
- Professional Art Therapist at Rosemount High School
- M.A., Creative Arts Therapies, Concordia University
- B.F.A., Honours, Queen's University